1. Orders & Order Acknowledgements
- Resource Data Management LTD (hereafter RDM) Terms and Conditions shall apply to the entire exclusion of those of the purchaser and no variation thereof shall be binding upon RDM unless and until accepted in writing by a duly authorised person on behalf of RDM.
- A formal purchase order with a customer purchase order (PO) reference must be received by RDM prior to release of any goods. The preferential method for this is by email.
- Telephone orders will be accepted only with the purchaser's official order number and a copy of a formal purchase order will still be required before release of any goods as per (1.2).
- RDM may refuse to accept a customer's purchase order where it does not clearly specify the RDM product part numbers, quantities required and delivery address.
- On receipt of a customer's purchase order RDM will send an Order Acknowledgement to the customer. It is the customer's responsibility to check the accuracy of the details of the Order Acknowledgement and errors should be highlighted prior to shipping of any goods.
- Following shipping of goods RDM will not be liable for any costs related to correcting issues due to incorrect pricing, part numbers, quantities or delivery addresses that could have been identified by the customer by checking the Order Acknowledgement.
2. Quotations & Acceptance of Quotations
- Quotations are valid for 15 days.
- Any quotation either verbal or in writing is not an offer and may be withdrawn or modified any time by RDM and the quotation does not represent any obligation until RDM accepts the purchaser's order.
- A customer purchase order placed against a quotation must contain the quotation reference given by RDM at the time of order.
- The entire risks to the results and performance of the products or system is assumed by the customer receiving the quote.
- RDM disclaims, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title & non-infringement arising out of any quotation/proposal.
- RDM shall not be liable for any loss of data, loss of production, loss of stock, loss of profit, loss of use, loss of contracts or any other consequential, economic or indirect loss whatsoever arising out of any quotation/proposal.
3. Price & Delivery
- Prices do not include V.A.T.
- Delivery will be ex-works and goods will be packed to the RDM normal specification in non-returnable packing. Carriage will be arranged at the purchaser's request and expense.
- Any delivery period quoted is an estimate only and commences from the acknowledgement of the purchaser's order. Provided RDM take all reasonable steps to deliver the goods at the time stated, RDM shall be under no liability for any failure or delay in delivery.
- RDM reserves the right to deliver in more than one consignment and to invoice each consignment separately.
- Purchasers outside the UK are responsible at their own expense for obtaining any import licence necessary to export from the U.K., unless the purchaser's office issuing the purchase order is located in the U.K.
- All contracts for export from the U.K. shall be in accordance with INCOTERMS latest addition or any amendment or re-publication thereof for the time being in force at the date of the contract.
4. Call Off & Scheduled Orders
Call Off describes orders, where the customer places an order for a larger quantity of parts and over an agreed period, will place requests for part shipments from that order.
Scheduled describes orders where the customer places an order for a larger quantity of parts giving multiple predetermined dates for delivery of all items at the time of order.
For Call Off Orders:
- Call Off orders can only be placed with prior agreement from RDM.
- The period for Call Off orders will be agreed with RDM prior to placement of order and all quantities must be delivered by the end of the agreement. The absolute maximum period will be 12 months.
- Should not all quantities of parts have been delivered by the end of the agreement period RDM will despatch and invoice all remaining items.
- RDM reserves the right to refuse cancellation of Call Off orders.
- Quantities must be sufficient to justify using the Call Off process. This is considered as follows:
- Case Controls – Minimum 500pcs
- PLC/Plant Controls – Minimum 200pcs
- Data Manager – Minimum 50pcs
- Probes and other ancillary items - Minimum 1000pcs
For Call Off and Scheduled Orders:
- Customers will be charged separate delivery costs for each despatch.
- There will be no entitlement to compensation as a result of RDM being unable to provide stock.
- Where Call Off or Scheduled orders are placed within 30 days of a notified price change for delivery after the date of the price change, RDM at its discretion will be entitled to charge the new price. This would be confirmed at the time of order.
5. Title & Risk
- Legal title to the goods shall remain with the RDM until such time as RDM has received payment of the price of the goods and of the price of any other goods or services previously or subsequently supplied by RDM to the purchaser whereupon such title shall pass to the Purchaser.
- Insofar as the goods may be delivered to the purchaser prior to the time when title thereto passes to the purchaser as aforesaid the purchaser shall until such time hold the goods as the fiduciary agent and bailee of RDM and shall accordingly remain liable to account to RDM for the goods or, if the same shall be sold by the purchaser (which the purchaser shall be entitled to do as the fiduciary agent of RDM, but as between the purchaser and the purchaser's customer, only as principal and without creating any relationship, disclosed or undisclosed between RDM and such customer), for all of the proceeds, tangible and intangible (and including without limitation insurance proceeds and proceeds of proceeds), thereof.
- The purchaser shall, as trustee for RDM, pay such proceeds into a bank account separate from all other bank accounts and other monies and assets of the Purchaser and third parties. The Purchaser shall store the goods separate from any other goods of the purchaser and of third parties and shall identify the goods as the property of RDM. The purchaser shall not remover any identifying marks placed on the goods by RDM
- Notwithstanding the retention by RDM of legal title to the goods:
- Risk in the goods shall pass to the Purchaser on delivery to the purchaser's delivery address and the Purchaser shall arrange for RDM'S interest in the same to be noted on all relevant insurance policies, and
- RDM shall be entitled to maintain an action against the purchaser for the price of the goods or any part thereof.
- The Purchaser may exercise its right to sell the goods as the fiduciary agent of RDM in the usual course of the Purchaser's business but such right:
- May be revoked at any time by RDM giving notice to the effect if the purchaser is in default for longer than 7 days in the payment of any sum whatsoever due to RDM (whether in respect of the goods or of any other goods or services supplied at any time by RDM to the Purchaser or for any reason whatsoever) or if RDM has Bona Fide doubts as to the solvency of the Purchaser.
- Shall automatically cease if a receiver, manager or administrator is appointed over the assets, undertaking or property of the Purchaser, or a winding - up or administration order against the Purchaser is made or petitioned, or any petition or order in bankruptcy against the Purchaser is presented or made, or the Purchaser goes into voluntary liquidation (otherwise than for the purposes of reconstruction or amalgamation while solvent) or calls a meeting of or makes arrangements or compositions with Creditors
- Upon determination of the Purchaser's rights of sale under condition (5.3 i) or (5.3 ii) above, the purchaser shall place the goods at the disposal of RDM (who shall be entitled to enter any premises of the Purchaser for the purpose of removing the goods and to remove the goods from the said premises) and/or, as the case may be, pay to RDM the proceeds then held by the Purchaser as trustee for RDM in accordance with condition (5.1)
6. Payment & Set-off
- For customers with a trade account payment for deliveries shall be due 30 days from the date of invoice except where RDM stipulates CWO or COD terms. RDM reserves the right to charge interest at 2% per month on any sum outstanding after the due date.
- For all other customers payment is on a Proforma basis and full payment must be received by RDM prior to release of any delivery.
- The Payee must cover all bank charges or exchange rate differences to ensure that full payment is received by RDM to cover the total invoice amount in the currency specified on the invoice.
- Any discounts specified by RDM shall apply only where payment is received as indicated above. Payment shall not be withheld on account of any claim by the purchaser against RDM. RDM reserves the right to suspend deliveries where payment for any order, related or otherwise has not been made by the due date and remains outstanding.
- If at any time any sum of money becomes payable for RDM to the purchaser under or in connection with the contract or any breach thereof by RDM, RDM shall be entitled, in addition to any other rights of set-off conferred by law, to set-off against such sum any amount then due, or which may at any time thereafter become due, to RDM from the Purchaser (or any other company in RDM'S Group of companies) under the contract or any other contract, order or transaction between RDM (or any other such company) and the Purchaser.
- RDM prefer that all customers make payments by Bank Transfer (BACS) and for customers making BACS payments we automatically include a 5% discount. Cheque payments are subject to a 2% charge over the standard Bank Transfer pricing. Customers must confirm the payment method prior to invoicing. Should customer change the payment method, for example from BACS to Credit Card, the BACS discount will not apply. RDM will not accept a change in payment method after the invoice has been raised.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these Conditions, RDM reserves the right to refuse shipment of the goods if the total amount owing by the customer to RDM exceeds any credit limit agreed by the RDM.
7. Description & Date
- Where RDM is the manufacturer, goods will be supplied substantially as described but the right is reserved to make design changes that do not lower their performance, affect the mechanical interchangeability or increase in price. Where RDM is not the manufacturer, goods will be supplied to the manufacturer's current specification and finish.
- RDM shall make every effort to ensure the accuracy of technical data or literature relating to the goods, but RDM (so far as permitted by law) accepts no liability in contract, tort or otherwise for any damage or injury arising directly or indirectly from any error or omission in such technical data or literature.
- Subject to (9.1) RDM provides a Limited Warranty (hereafter referred to as the warranty) to replace or repair at its discretion (parts and materials without charge), any of the goods found to its satisfaction to be defective within the warranty period as detailed below owing to faulty design, materials or workmanship, provided that the goods have not been modified or repaired other than by RDM, or RDM Approved Equipment Repairer, and have been operated, stored and maintained within RDM'S recommendations for use. In the case of goods repaired or replaced by RDM the warranty shall terminate at the end of the original warranty period. From date of delivery:
- Standard RDM products: 60 months (Exclusions detailed below)
- Smart Controls product range: 24 months
- OEM Products: 12 months
- 3rd Party Products: See Section 9
- Exclusions: Where products include a battery (other than for backup operation of a real-time clock) the battery is excluded from the 5-year warranty. RDM will provide a 12-month warranty on batteries however RDM reserves the right to refuse warranty replacement of batteries where the battery is operated outwith the recommended conditions such as temperature, humidity or functional operation such as logging intervals. Examples of these products (not exclusively) are: Data Manager Battery Backup and Wireless Battery Probe. For products that have replaceable batteries, it is the responsibility of the user to install a new battery either at the end of life of the original battery or as part of a planned maintenance program. For products that do not have replaceable batteries, the products can be returned to RDM for batteries to be changed at a nominal cost.
- The RDM warranty extends to the original purchaser and where applicable to the initial end-user client only.
- Goods returned under this warranty must be delivered to RDM premises at the Purchaser's expense accompanied by RDM's original packing note, a statement of the reason for the return and a CR number issued by RDM.
- RDM's liability under conditions (8.1 and 9.1) is the sole liability of RDM as regards to the quality, fitness, descriptions or correspondence with sample of the goods. All other representations, warranties, conditions, terms and statements in such regard, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, are excluded, save where not capable of exclusion by law.
- Goods shall not be considered defective for the purposes of these conditions unless:
- They are not in accordance with any specification of the Purchaser in writing by RDM, or
- If there is no such specification or to the extent that such specification is silent as to any aspect of the design, function, performance, tolerances, quality or characteristics of the goods, the goods do not conform to RDM'S published information (if any) or otherwise to the standards which RDM considers normal or usual for products of the kind sold at a similar price.
- RDM is not in a position to ensure that the Purchaser's specification is correct and/or sufficient for the purposes intended by the purchaser, and the Purchaser is solely responsible therefore. If there is no such specification or to the extent that such specification is silent as to any aspect of the design, function, performance, tolerances, quality or characteristics of the goods, the goods do not conform to RDM's published information (if any) or otherwise to the standards which RDM considers normal or usual for products of the kind sold at a similar price.
- It is the Purchaser's responsibility to install RDM's goods in such a way as to comply with all relevant electrical or other regulations
- RDM does not accept and will not be held liable for any consequential losses. See section (16).
9. Goods Not Manufactured by RDM
- Goods not manufactured by RDM and all software are supplied on the condition that RDM's liability in contract, tort or otherwise shall in no circumstances extend beyond the liability to RDM or the manufacturer or supplier of such goods or software. In particular, but without limitation, the benefits of the supplier/manufacturer's guarantee or warranty attaching to the goods or software shall be made available to the Purchaser and condition (7 shall not apply.
- By ordering goods or software the Purchaser agrees to:
- Comply with the terms of any license granted to RDM in respect thereof and:
- Indemnify RDM and keep it indemnified against any claim made by the relevant licensor against RDM as a result of any act or omission on the part of the purchaser.
- Details of the aforementioned guarantee, warranty and license (if applicable) are available on request from RDM.
10. Interfaces & Templates for Third-Party Equipment
- RDM provides a number of solutions to allow RDM branded equipment to interface to devices manufactured by third party companies. These solutions may be based on standard technologies (such as Modbus) and use templates to map information between devices or in the case of non-standard protocols may be custom software and/or hardware interfaces.
- While RDM will make all efforts to ensure compatibility between our equipment and third party equipment, RDM cannot guarantee 100% compatibility especially in cases where customers use equipment (devices/models/variations) that have not been tested by RDM or where the 3rd party equipment manufacturer make changes to their products. In the cases where there is incompatibility or that the third-party equipment supplier have changed their products, there may be charges to the customer to cover development costs associated with adding/improving compatibility.
- Due to the complexities of supporting third party devices RDM at its discretion may refuse to provide support and/or updates where the client is unable to supply equipment (at the client's cost) to RDM (Glasgow office) for validation. RDM may also at its discretion refuse support of third party Interfaces & Templates from sites/companies located outside the UK.
- RDM shall not be liable for any loss of data, loss of production, loss of stock, loss of profit, loss of use, loss of contracts or any other consequential, economic or indirect loss whatsoever arising out of a result of problems with third-party Interfaces & Templates.
11. Force Majeure
RDM shall have no liability in respect of failure or delay in delivery or in performance of any obligation under the contract due to any cause outside RDM's control, including but not limited to act of God, fire, floods, war, civil disturbances, riot, act of Government, currency restriction, industrial disputes, unavailability of materials or failure of supplier, carrier or sub-contractor to deliver on time.
12. Price Variation
RDM reserves the right to increase the price of goods in proportion to any increase of costs to RDM between the date of acceptance of the order and delivery (including without limitation costs relating to exchange rates, labour, materials, transport and taxes) or where increase is due to any act or default or the Purchaser, including without the limitation the cancellation by the Purchaser of part of any non-adherence of agreed call-off or schedule delivery arrangements.
When delivery is delayed for reasons attributable to the Purchaser or its agents:
- Storage and other additional costs will be charged to the Purchaser
- The goods will be at the Purchaser's risk form the date of commencement of such delay
- The original delivery date shall be the date of the commencement of the warranty.
- RDM may invoice the price on the original delivery date
14. Intellectual Property Rights (I.P.R)
- The sale of the goods and the publication of any information or technical data relating thereto does not imply, and RDM gives no warranty as to freedom from the patent, registered design or other industrial property rights of third parties (whether arising or created before or after the date of delivery of the goods) in respect of the goods or any particular application thereof or any method in which the goods are used or disposed of or any combination of the goods with or into any other product (whether or not supplied by RDM), whether or not that application, method or combination is the only application, method or combination in which the goods can be disposed of or used
- The Purchaser warrants that any design and specifications supplied or specified by it to RDM will not involve the infringement if any IPR in the manufactured and sale of goods by RDM.
- The Purchaser undertakes to indemnify and keep indemnified RDM against all royalties, claims, actions, demands, proceedings, losses and costs in connection with any infringement or alleged infringement of any IPR arising out of or in connection with the matters described in paragraphs (1 and/or (2 above
15. U.S. Export Control Regulations
- RDM shall in no circumstances be liable for any damage, loss or claim howsoever occasioned by an act or omission on the part of the Purchaser in contravention of any regulations issued by the United States or other Government concerning the export of goods, services, or technology.
- Any goods supplied by RDM whose export from the United Kingdom is restricted by any aforementioned regulations shall not be exported by the Purchaser without the prior approval of the relevant authorities concerned with the administration of such regulations.
16. Purchaser's Items
- Items supplied by the Purchaser for the contract shall be of suitable quality and shall be provided free of charge in the quantities and at the times required by RDM. Any defect in such items shall not entitle the Purchaser to rescind the contract, reject the goods, make deductions from the contract price or claim damages in respect of such defects and the Purchaser shall indemnify and keep indemnified RDM from and against all actions, demands, claims, proceedings, losses or costs arising from the supply of defective items by the Purchaser.
17. Limitation of Liability
- Save in the case of personal injury or death caused by the negligence of RDM and other than as provided in conditions (8) and (9), RDM shall not be liable in contract, delict, breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any loss, injury, destruction or damage suffered by the Purchaser whatsoever or howsoever arising out of or in connection with the supply of goods or services by RDM.
- If for any reason the provisions of conditions (8.3), (13) and (16.1) are of no effect in respect of a claim against RDM, RDM's liability in respect of that claim shall in no event exceed the price paid for the relevant goods or services by the Purchaser.
- RDM accepts no liability whether in contract, delict, breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any loss of use, profits or contracts or for any other form of consequential or indirect loss or damage.
18. Cancellation & Returned Goods
- Any order cancellations or request to return unused goods are entirely at the discretion of RDM.
- Return of unwanted or surplus goods for credit will only be accepted from the original Purchaser.
- Return of unwanted or surplus goods for credit will only be accepted within the first 6 months from the despatch date of the goods.
- Cancellations or return of unwanted or surplus goods will not be accepted for Customer Specific (OEM) parts or special order items.
- If RDM agrees to accept cancellation or part cancellation of an order a charge of 15% of total order price will be made or £30, whichever is greater.
- No returns are permitted without RDM's previous agreement and a CR number issued by RDM.
- Agreed returns must be at the Purchaser's expense in original condition and, if tested by RDM, will be subject to a charge of 15% of the goods' value (excluding batteries).
- Waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE Directive (20002/96/EC)).
To maintain a competitive price and acknowledging that many business users will appoint specialist contractors to fully decommission site and arrange for the complete removal of all potentially hazardous waste, RDM will make a nominal charge to collect and dispose of WEEE equipment in accordance with the WEEE directive.
This applies to the return of all control equipment supplied and purchased from RDM.
- If the Purchaser commits any breach of the terms and conditions of contract or suffers distress or execution or becomes insolvent or commits and act of bankruptcy or enters into any arrangement or composition with his Creditors or goes or is put into liquidation (other than solely for amalgamation or reconstruction while solvent) or if a receiver or administrator is appointed over any part of the Purchaser's business, RDM may without prejudice to any rights which may have accrued or which may accrue to terminate the contract summarily by written notice.
20. Governing Law
- Any question relating to any quotation or any contract subject to these conditions or agreed amendment of these conditions shall be determined in all respects by the laws of Scotland.