We are currently looking for a Business Development Manager. This position will be responsible for building and expanding relationships with strategically important customers in the supermarket, c-store, box retail and quick serve restaurant verticals. The Business Development Manager is responsible for achieving sales targets, pipeline management, relationship management and strategic account planning while maintaining focus on customer satisfaction. The Business Development Manager represents the entire range of products, services, solutions, and systems for all RDM hardware and software product lines. The role is based at USA corporate office in New Hope, MN or from a remote home office.
Your role will include but is not limited to the following:
- Identify business opportunities by locating prospects, evaluate their position in the industry, and research and analyze sales options in coordination with your manager
- Achieve agreed-upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule. Quota attainment.
- Sell products and services by establishing contact, develop relationships with prospects, and recommend solutions.
- Secure results in line with the RDM-Inc. perspective and key account business plan, drive growth and sustain profitability.
- Create, maintain and drive customer development plans.
- Support the customer in delivering technical information and product support in conjunction with RDM-Inc. Technical Support Department.
- Provide sales forecasting and pipeline management.
- Develop, negotiate, implement, and evaluate contracted agreements with strategic accounts.
- Maintain awareness of competitive strategies, products and sales activities.
- Manage customer expectations and support all customer needs.
- Document sales discussions, contacts, company information and opportunities in the RDM CRM system.
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Coordinate sales efforts with team members and other departments.
- Analyze sales region market potential, track sales and provide status reports.
- Keep abreast of best practices and industry trends while continuously improving through feedback.
These are some highlights of the type of person and background we believe would thrive in this role:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- 3+ years outside sales experience in the HVAC/R, controls environment or other technical sales experience
- Previous sales experience with Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Quick Serve Restaurants, and/or Box Retail
- Understanding of sales pipeline management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and business proposal preparation skills
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Deductive reasoning and application skills
- Proven proficiency in common software applications including but not limited to PowerPoint, Excel, Word, internet savvy
- Competitive salary plus bonus opportunities
- Car allowance
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Monday – Friday work schedule
Please send your application to Mark Rassier firstname.lastname@example.org
9441 Science Drive, New Hope, MN 55428, USA